“The city of Troy, Michigan was facing a budget shortfall, and was considering closing the Troy Public Library for lack of funds. Even though the necessary revenues could be raised through a miniscule tax increase, powerful anti-tax groups in the area were organized against it. A vote was scheduled amongst the city’s residents, to shut the library or accept the tax increase, and Leo Burnett Detroit decided to support the library by creating a reverse psychology campaign. Yard signs began appearing that read: “Vote to Close Troy Library on August 2nd – Book Burning Party on August 5th.” No one wants to be a part of a town that burns books, and the outraged citizens of Troy pushed back against the “idiotic book burners” and ultimately supported the tax increase, thus ensuring the library’s survival.”
Latte art is a method of preparing coffee created by pouring steamed milk into a shot of espresso and resulting in a pattern or design on the surface of the resulting latte. It can also be created or embellished by simply “drawing” in the top layer of foam.
World’s First Virtual Shopping Store opens in Korea. All the Shelves are in fact LCD Screens. Users Choose their desired items by touching the LCD screen and checkout at the counter in the end to have all their ordered stuff packed in Bags.
* An average person blinks 12 times per minute – about 10,000 blinks/day.
* Human eyes are composed of more than 2 million working parts.
* Our human eye is 576 mega pixel !!!
* Corneas are the only tissues that don’t require blood.
* Human eyes can process 36,000 bits of information every hour.
* The eyeball of a human weighs approximately 28 grams.
* Colour blindness is 10 times more common in males than females.
* It is impossible to sneeze with eyes open
Introducing the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, with what has to be… one of the world’s most impressive swimming pools (57 floors up above the city of Singapore)!
The pool stretches an incredible 150 meters (492 feet) and is the world’s largest outdoor pool at that height. You can see the hotel for yourself on our site here >> http://ow.ly/c9XOz if you fancy taking a dip. We just wouldn’t advise any running or diving!